Proper repair to eliminate repeat issues and ensure no sinking in the future and achieve warranty on the work:
- Excavate organic material that was buried by the original builder – also know as a trash pit.
- Dig out / excavate until the point that “virgin soil” is reached. This is soil that no longer has organic compost (GA red dirt / GA red clay). Haul off and dispose of the trash excavated.
- Start filling the excavated hole with new GA red dirt / GA red clay 4 inches at a time.
- Every 4 inches compact the soil added to 95% Standard Proctor Density.
- Last 4 inches of fill is top soil to allow for a healthy growing environment for sod – no compaction.